Programs at the United Arc
Adult ServicesCommunity Support and Residential Homes
The United Arc provides a variety of services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities that promote personal well-being and self-fulfillment as individuals live and work in the community.
Primary United Arc services provided for adults include:
- Community Support Program — Varying levels of support based in individual need is provided to adults living semi-independently in individual homes throughout the community.
- Group Residential Homes — Intensive support to adults living in a group setting.
Family SupportFor families of people with disabilities
The United Arc provides a flexible array of services for families that care for or include a family member with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Primary United Arc services provided for families include:
- Family Support Centers
- DDS/DESE and Intensive Flexible Family Support Services (IFFS)
- Youth Transition Program.
- Positive Parenting Resource Center.
Self AdvocacyPeople with disabilities becoming empowered to speak up for themselves.
The United Arc sponsors self-advocacy groups which offer peer support, leadership development, social events and learning opportunities for adults with intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
Positive ParentingResources for parents with disabilities
The Positive Parenting Resource Center provides services and support families headed by parents with cognitive challenges, intellectual limitations or learning disabilities.
Primary United Arc services provided for Positive Parenting:
- Individualized Parent Support
- Parent Education and Support Groups
- Supervised Visitation
- Intensive Structured Supported Family Living
- Mentoring Support
- Grandparent Support